Yunyan temple was built in Yuanhe period of Tang Dynasty. It is divided into upper temple and lower temple. It is backed by Longchi plaster, the main peak of Funiu Mountain, and faces Baotian plaster nature reserve. The thousand year old ginkgo tree in the temple is one of the best in the world. At present, there are only three main halls and three wing rooms in the lower temple; the surface architecture of the upper temple has almost no existence, only some Pagoda Forest Sites and remaining building components, among which the brick inscription of “kaitongzu Tang Zizi Zen master”, “xizhulai Gonghe Shangta inscription” and some incomplete carved Ming bricks with Buddhist statues are the most precious.
Yunyan temple is located in the deep mountain at the junction of Luoyang and Nanyang. Yunyan temple was built in the Tang Dynasty. After being destroyed and rebuilt by the war, it reached its peak in the Ming and Qing Dynasties and became a spectacular sight in the 800 Li ox mountain. There are more than 480 ginkgo trees planted by monks in Tang and Song Dynasties around the temple.
The main hall of Xiasi temple is built on the top of hard mountain grey tiles, with a depth of two Zhangs. The beams are painted with gilded cloud patterns. The East chamber is built on the top of hard mountain grey tiles, which were rebuilt in Jiaqing period of Qing Dynasty. The wood used for the beams, purlins, rafters, doors, windows and columns in the temple is all ginkgo wood.
In Baihe Township, there are 413 ancient ginkgo trees with a history of more than 500 years, including 237 ancient ginkgo trees with a history of more than one thousand years. These Ginkgo biloba are concentrated in Yunyan temple and Wuma temple. The oldest ancient tree is 1359 years old.