· After Buddhism was introduced into China, it was the first temple built by the government. It is known as “the first ancient temple in China”
· The existing ruins of Baima Temple are reserved for Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties, and are listed on the north-south axis.
· Daxiong Treasure Hall is the main hall of the whole temple. Other main buildings include the Temple of the King, the Great Buddha Hall, and Pilu Pavilion.
· A large number of dried lacquer statues of the Yuan Dynasty, such as the Third Buddha, Ertian Jiang, and Eighteen Arhats, are kept in the temple.
Add: 10 kilometers east of the Old City of Luoyang
Tickets: ￥ 35
Opening hours: 8: 00-17: 00
Time reference: 2 hours
Baima Temple is the first government-run temple built after Buddhism was introduced into China. The existing ruins are preserved during the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties. A large number of dried lacquer statues of the Yuan Dynasty, such as the Third Buddha, Ertian Jiang, and Eighteen Arhats, are very precious. In 1961, the White Horse Temple was announced by the State Council of the People’s Republic of China as the first batch of national key cultural relics protection units. In 1983, it was identified by the State Council as a national key monastery for Chinese Buddhism. In January 2001, the White Horse Temple was named the first batch of AAAA-level scenic spots by the National Tourism Administration.
Compared with other monasteries, this place will be more “pure”, simple and vicissitudes, without commercialization.
There is a “Peaceful Teahouse” behind the Shiyuan exhibition hall, which is very interesting. Of course, stop talking, let’s not talk, drink a cup of tea, read Buddhist scriptures, and sublime the soul to forget the troubles. It’s nice to take a rest and take a rest to learn the Buddhist scriptures.
Qiyun Pagoda is located in the east of the temple and is the only bhikkhuni dojo in Henan. The main buildings in the courtyard are the rebuilt Qiyun Pagoda in the Jin Dynasty, and the newly built Zhaitang, guest hall, zen room, etc. Among them, the Qiyun Tower was built during the Eastern Han Dynasty Emperor Ming Emperor, and was repeatedly destroyed by war. It was rebuilt in the 15th year of Jin Dingding (1175). The 13-storey, 25-meter-high building is one of the earliest existing Jin Dynasty ground buildings in Luoyang.
That’s right, the famous Di Renjie was buried in Baima Temple Scenic Area.
In addition to traditional architecture, there are temple buildings in Myanmar, Thailand and Indian countries.
This is donated to China by foreign countries and represents the special status of White Horse Temple as a Buddhist hub.
1. There are many shop vendors outside the scenic area, and it is recommended not to go in.
2. Baima Temple Scenic Area, including Baima Temple and Qiyun Tower nuns, can be visited.
3 Don’t take pictures of Buddha statues in the temple, respect the religious culture.
Bai juyi (1) Car Rental (1) China War God (1) Dingdingmen (3) Dried Lacquer Statues (1) Erlitou Site Museum (1) Fengxian Temple (1) Guanlin Temple (2) Guanyu (1) Heluo Culture (1) Kung Fu (3) Lijingmen (1) Longmen Grottoes (47) Luoyang Ancient Art Museum (2) Luoyang Museum (22) luoyang old street (1) Luoyang Peony Festival (39) Luoyang Shovel (1) luoyang tourism (13) Mingtang (3) Pagoda Forest (8) Qiyun Pagoda (1) Shaolin Temple (30) Sui Dynasty (1) Tang Dynasty (3) Tiantang (3) Water Banquet (1) White Garden (1) White Horse Temple (21) Wu Zetian (3) Xia Dynasty Capital (1) Xiangshan Temple (3) Yingtianmen (2) Yongning Pagoda (1) Yuntai Mountain (19)